Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Recycled Redeemed Earrings

I just spent several days configuring and reconfiguring a new batch of Redeemed earrings. Each pair is made from recycled, previously cured, polymer components. I carve, sand, paint, drill and/or cure again - whatever is necessary to take them from leftover part to new earring.

I think I'm going to move toward adding some brooches to this line, sort of 3D collage really. They'll take a little more engineering than the earrings though.

This entire batch is going to my March gallery show at The Bellefonte Art Museum . I think I made 33 pairs so its slightly tempting to put a couple of them in the shop instead but I'm interested in seeing them all displayed together organized according to color at the show.



3 comments:

  1. These look fabulous! And I agree with your assessment that they belong together as a group for the show. Good luck with the shop/show!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much!
    Hope you two are well and that you're internet has been straightened out.

    ReplyDelete